CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thanks for nothing, Phil.

I realized that I didn't have the supplies I needed yesterday to begin our cute little Valentine crafts. So in preparation for Groundhog Day today, Jilly and I made groundhogs.
We used this template that required a toilet paper roll. Funny how I have plenty of empty toilet paper rolls but not enough craft paper for Valentine's Day. Jilly had fun coloring her groundhog then getting the chance to use stick glue to put him together.

It was also a good chance to teach JillyBean about the tradition of Groundhog Day.

Thanks to Puxatony Phil seeing his shadow this morning, we can expect another six weeks of winter. Actually we may not since Phil has only been correct 40 percent of the time. But the snow outside my window and predictions of more coming today and into the weekend seem to point to Phil being accurate this year.

So, we are off to the craft store today to pick up supplies to get us through these next chilly weeks.

0 comments: